There are accompanying online photo albums
at SabbaticalRoadTrip
and SabbaticalRoadTripContinued
[too many pictures for just one album].

Saturday, July 12, 2008

Day 15 - Return to Neenah

So, we could have pushed all the way to Neenah the night before, but I wanted to bake in a rest day, so we stopped in Racine. As luck would have it, the hotel I picked was just down the street from a Toyota dealership, and the car was due for servicing. So, I let the boys sleep in and took the car to the dealer at 7:30am

From Sabbatical Ro...

The servicing was done quickly so I was on my way by 8:30. I decided to go do my laundry. I'd told the boys to sleep as long as they wanted, go down and get breakfast in the lobby and then come back to the room and wait... read or watch tv. I called them from the laundry and they were fine.

When I got back, they were engrossed in a History Channel documentary about the Saxons.
From Sabbatical Ro...


We're on the road by 10:55am

Day 15 - mile 4690
12:18pm

My Casio camera finally bites the dust. It still "works", but it doesn't focus right anymore. I decide that I need to replace it, so I stopped at a Best Buy in Fond Du Lac. You can see that the camera is honked by the fuzziness of this picture.
From Sabbatical Ro...


After trying all the ones they have in stock, I buy a Nikon Coolpix S5550 (10 Megapixels, 5x optical zoom) and we're on the road again by 1:00pm.

Day 15 - mile 7759
1:34pm

We arrive back in Neenah. Wow... what a week. It was a blast.

By the numbers

- 7 days
- 7 ballparks
- 7 baseball games
- 2534 total miles

Dianne arranages a nice surprise for us. She booked a relaxation massage for me and pedicure for Laura at Modacapelli, a local spa in Appleton. That was nice, but that wasn't all, she also bought us dinner at the Black & Tan Grille and agreed to watch the kids while Laura and I went out.
From Sabbatical Ro...


In between the spa treatments and dinner, we walked around Appleton a bit.

We found this cool kinetic sculpture


The town is home to Lawrence University and we found some of the campus buildings to be cool
From Sabbatical Ro...


After dinner we went to a theater in Manasha and saw Iron Man. The theater was unique in that it had tables in each row in the auditorium.
From Sabbatical Ro...

Someone came just before the movie and asked if they could bring us anything. That was almost as shocking as the ticket price of $4. The movie was fun.

No comments: