There are accompanying online photo albums
at SabbaticalRoadTrip
and SabbaticalRoadTripContinued
[too many pictures for just one album].

Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Day 25 and Day 26 - Darlington, WI

Ok, so yeah, I'm lumping these two days together in the blog, but... well... the truth is, I didn't do much on either of them. They were both rest days in Darlington and were so similar that they don't really warrant separate entries... especially since I'm playing catch up on the posting because I didn't have internet access at the time.

Day 25 - Tuesday, July 22
It's a quiet, down day at Alice's house. A day to sleep in, a day to read a book. A day to relax. The night before there'd been a power outage. We discovered all of Alice's battery operated flashlights had old and corroded batteries. We find some "battery-free" flashlights (use cranks) and I dig out some batteries I brought.

In the morning, the kids work on sewing projects with Grandma.
From Sabbatical Ro...


The kids visit Laura's dad's grave site to place a farming sign.
From Sabbatical Ro...


They also visited the farm where Laura grew up, the current home of her brother, Steve and his wife Lori.
From Sabbatical Ro...



This evening, we celebrated birthdays.
From Sabbatical Ro...


Day 26 - Darlington, WI
Wednesday, July 23

Today was more of the same. Laura spent the day in Madison scanning old photos and memorabilia to digital copies. I did laundry, packed and traded kid watching with Alice around her house.

We did have some water balloon wars.
[video of Katie chasing Charlie with a water balloon]

From Sabbatical Ro...
Tomorrow. we start west again.

No comments: