There are accompanying online photo albums
at SabbaticalRoadTrip
and SabbaticalRoadTripContinued
[too many pictures for just one album].

Sunday, July 20, 2008

Day 23 - Wausau to Neenah to Darlington, WI

Woke up this morning around 7am, went to the car for a couple things and brought back some breakfast and a luggage card to the room. Got Katie up around 8am. The plan today is to do laundry in Wausau, then stop at Dick's Sporting Goods in Appleton to get parts for camelbaks; Katie's bitten through her bite valve and it leaks.

We're rustling around the hotel room and Katie is singing along to the Crash Test Dummies. I'm really happy.

9:30am

We're doing laundry in Wausau. Katie is being helpful.
From Sabbatical Ro...

[video of Katie pushing cart]

We finish laundry around 11am and we're off.

Day 23 - mile 5878
1:15pm

We arrive at Dick's in Appleton. In addition to all the spare Camelbak parts we'd ever need, Katie talks me into buying fishing equipment. I've never really been into fishing, but the kids are fascinated with it. I don't know if were' going to use the equipment during the remainder of the trip, but for $20, we're set.

Day 23 - mile 5889
2:15pm

We arrive back at Dianne's in Neenah and reunite the family. I empty out the van, take it to get washed, inside and out, and then pack it up. I decide that we should stay at a different hotel in St. Louis on Thursday and make arrangements. With the box on top, they were going to have to park our van on the street and I thought it'd just be easier to stay somewhere further along the route we'd be taking the next day towards Oklahoma. We spend a few hours hanging around Dianne's and don't get on the road to Darlington until nearly 7:30pm.

Along the way to Darlington, we saw an awesome sunset.
From Sabbatical Ro...

Day 23 - mile 6075
10:45pm

We arrive at Alice's house in Darlington.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"I've never really been into fishing, but the kids are fascinated with it."

Sounds like a reason to send the kids to "Camp Clearlake"...