There are accompanying online photo albums
at SabbaticalRoadTrip
and SabbaticalRoadTripContinued
[too many pictures for just one album].

Sunday, July 6, 2008

Day 9 - Milwaukee Brewers

The day starts out pretty normal. The boys and I get a good start: up at 7:45am, on the road by 8:50am and have an uneventful drive to Milwaukee. We pass Camp Douglas again on the way, but unfortunately, we don't have time to explore.

Day 9 - mile 3091
12:05pm
We arrive at Miller Park in Milwaukee. It's a sell-out crowd today. Sunny weather, Sunday afternoon day game. The parking lot is crowded and packed with tailgaters.

From Sabbatical Ro...

Laura and Dianne have organized a tailgate party of our own, and we join it in progress


From Sabbatical Ro...


Soon, it's time to head into the park.



We've got pretty good seats, second row of the upper deck and we're in the shade
From Sabbatical Ro...

We're joined not only by a large part of Laura's family, but also by also by my brother's wife Sara and her two boys. Andrew, in particular was excited to see Charlie
From Sabbatical Ro...

We'll see them again at Disneyland in a few weeks.

All in all, we make quite a showing in the section





From Sabbatical Ro...




From Sabbatical Ro...


Before you know it, it's the seventh inning stretch



And then it's another home team victory! (We're two for two...)

From Sabbatical Ro...

Brewers 11 - Pirates 6.

Charlie, Max and I get on the road to Canton at 4:36pm.

Day 9 - mile 3162
6:30pm

Unfortunately, there's alot of construction going on along the route though Chicago I chose. We hit some delays, so instead of grabbing dinner past Chicago, we stop just short of it in Skokie and eat at a TGI Friday.

From Sabbatical Ro...

It's a long way to Canton. We leave the restaurant in Skokie at 8:07pm and we still have about 400 miles to drive. I'm beginning to doubt the wisdom of the plan, but I'm committed. The boys are shocked when I explain that with the change to Eastern time, we wont get to the hotel until nearly 4am. But they suck it up... or rather, they watch movies or play video games until they are too tired and then they go to sleep. I'm envious. I do have to say, the Indiana Toll Road and Ohio Turnpike are pretty empty in the wee hours of the morning.

Day 9 - mile 3563
4:05am

We arrive at the hotel in Canton, OH. I arrange for a late check-out so we can catch up on some sleep in the morning. It was hard getting here today, but the rest of the drives are all much shorter and we'll be in this timezone until we return to Chicago on Friday.

No comments: