There are accompanying online photo albums
at SabbaticalRoadTrip
and SabbaticalRoadTripContinued
[too many pictures for just one album].

Sunday, July 13, 2008

Day 16 - Manitowoc and the S.S. Badger

Day 16 - Manitowoc and the S.S. Badger

Today is a packing day. We spent this morning reorganizing all the stuff and getting ready. Laura for taking another week seeing Wisconsin with Elodie and Charlie. Me for taking Katie on a week's bike/drive tour of Northern Michigan and Wisconsin.

It's 2:45pm and I'm basically packed. I'm just catching up on the blog writing while Katie spends some more time playing with her cousins Max and Quinn. Laura, Charlie, Elodie and Alice have already left for their own adventure.

The plan calls for Katie and I to ride in Manitowoc and then take the S.S. Badger over to Ludington, MI.

3:58pm

We get underway. Katie is excited about the trip.


From Sabbatical Ro...


Day 16 - mile 4768
5:30pm

We arrive in Manitowoc and park along the Mariners Trail, a 7 mile route that runs between Manitowoc and Twin Rivers.







From Sabbatical Ro...


Katie and I find our rhythm on the bike again






From Sabbatical Ro...


Along the way we spot a look out station and some kites flying.








From Sabbatical Ro...

7:30pm

At dinner, in Manitowoc, Katie discovers that she likes buffets.




From Sabbatical Ro...

11:00pm

We head over to the ferry landing and get ready to board.
From Sabbatical Ro...
I booked a stateroom on the crossing. It's small, two twin berths, a sink and a toilet, but it's quiet and allows Katie and me to snooze on the 4 hour trip to Luddington.

From Sabbatical Ro...
When we get up, we'll be in Michigan!

No comments: